This project is read-only.

Mechanics: No ContentParts such as SOCKET appear after module is installed and enabled

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Edited Aug 15, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hi,

I've got Orchard 1.5.1, just done a fresh install.
(My colleague tried the same on his machine with the same results)

I installed Origami, no problem.

If I install the latest Mechanics 0.9.991 I get an ASP.NET error that breaks most of the orchard site.

It is Object Ref no found .It is associated with this page, line 6:
          ~\orchard\Modules\Downplay.Mechanics\Views\Parts.Title.Summary.cshtml

If installed older Mechanics 0.9.3 and got past this error, but I could not see any functionality added that I could use
(I could be wrong in what I'm expecting to interact with, but i thought there would be a new ContentPart called Socket that I could add to my ContentTypes so I can connect them)

Discussions and Issue Tracker don't seem to shed any light, but i noticed in the Source code that 12 August 2012 there is some issue relating to Orchard 1.5

I'm going to take a stab and guess has this module never yet worked wirth Orchard 1.5?

Has anybody else experienced the same issues?
Any Ideas how I might solve it?

Thanks

Aug 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Got the same problem with a fresh OrchardCMS install (latest version) and Mechanics...

I'll try to look into the code and see if I can come up with something before the developer can correct this.

O

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:22 AM
thats great thanks

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:16:56 -0700
Subject: Re: Mechanics: No ContentParts such as SOCKET appear after module is installed and enabled [scienceproject:391649]

Got the same problem with a fresh OrchardCMS install (latest version) and Mechanics...
I'll try to look into the code and see if I can come up with something before the developer can correct this.
O
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (scienceproject@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email scienceproject@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com