This project is read-only.

Menu and url...

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Hi, finaly I got Orchard to Work after changed hosting!!! So now I'm interesed in how I can create hierarchial menu system and at the same time get and hierarchial url - example...

• Cars
  • Picups
  • new
  • old
  • Cabs
  • Minivans
  • Boats
  • SailYachts
  • MotoYachts

And when I add a new page example "old cars" I would like to set "picups" as previous page and a menu will be the same and the url will then be: 

www.mysite.com/cars/picups/old

(It should not be products... just pages)

I have looked at some modules but no one givs  the url I would like? Any idéas ?

/Nilsson

Jan 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Hi, sorry for the delay responding, things have been changing rapidly recently! These kind of menu and urls was an intended feature of the "Plumbing" module. I had it working pretty effectively at one point, although the current gallery versions were from before this and may have problems (although it should be working to an extent).

However, the latest source code version in the repository here has removed most of this functionality from Plumbing! This is because I'm developing the Autoroute feature (to be a core part of Orchard 1.4) and it provides a vastly superior mechanism for Url building than either RoutePart or Plumbing could provide.

The Plumbing module now simply provides a small number of Tokens which can be used to generate hierarchical Urls based on Mechanics relationships.

I can't really offer any support now for old versions of Mechanics/Plumbing/Orchard (as detailed on the planning page), so if you want this ability now, you'll have to use my Autoroute fork of Orchard, and the latest source from here. You'll be using pre-production software but as long as you don't try anything *too* advanced it'll all be fine ;)  Orchard 1.4 should be a production release soon and at that time I'll release a new official batch of modules on the gallery with the Autoroute support.

So in short: yes this is possible, but it's not an easy solution quite yet.