This project is read-only.

Science Project Status Update

Sep 20, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Hi,

Anyone following this project may have noticed an extended absence and lack of updates on the project.

I've been heavily involved in setting up a website which launches soon, and combined with other factors I've not been able to devote significant time to Science Project for a few months.

Apologies to anyone who's been having issues (I know there are still some) - I still have a lot planned for these modules, and the good news is that fixes and new features will be forthcoming soon!

Pete

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Welcome back Pete.

Does this new website involves Orchard ?

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Hi Sebastien,

Yes, it's built entirely on Orchard - using the Science Project and Media Garden modules of course (the website has been the main driving force behind my requirements for those modules).

I will of course let you and the team know once we have something to show off. Unfortunately the main content of the website is UK-restricted due to licensing!

Oct 28, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Hi!

Some questions about the future:

• When are you planning to add breadcrumb functionality?
  • When are you planning to add drag-and-drop functionality for sorting menu items?

Not to push you or anything, just asking. I'm really looking for a good hierarchical menu system. This module is much more than that, but the main aspect of the search is for menus.

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:59 PM

At the moment I'm not sure - but realistically it's some ways off. Actually, breadcrumbs shouldn't be too hard, but first I have to seriously look at performance issues (hopefully there will be some updates in that regard over the next week or two). You could look at ldhertert's menu module for an alternative.

Oct 30, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Thanks for your answer!

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Hi,
I am new by on ORCHARD.
Science project seems to be a very helpfull module for N to N relationship between content type.
I Tried to load the module on Orchard 1.7 -> i got "ClaySharp... could not be loaded for module 'Downplay.Mechanics'".
Is the module deprecated or can we use it ?
Oct 9, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Orchard 1.7 removed ClaySharp so the module is not compatible with > 1.6 indeed.
Apr 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Hi,
Has anyone found a workaround to using the Mechanics module in Orchard 1.7+ ?

Or is there an alternate approach to relating content types together?

Many thanks for any advice / guidance!
Apr 7, 2014 at 5:05 PM
How about Associativy for putting content items into a graph? http://associativy.com/