This project is read-only.

Cartography - Checkbox status

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Playing around with the Cartography example.  I have created a page and made it a child of the default 'Welcome to Orchard!' page.  When I go back into edit the page, under the Parent menus section it shows the body of the parent page but the checkbox next to it is not selected?  Is this correct?  Should there be a delete/remove next to the Edit?

Jeff

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Yup it's correct. I need to do something to make the display look simpler. But that checkbox is so you can select a number of connectors and there's a drop-down underneath where you can select "Remove". So it's for bulk management purposes.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Ok I get ya :)

Got the following problem, when I enable Cartography and Economics and attempt to visit the home page I get the following error:

The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'System.IO.TextWriter.Write(string, params object[])' and 'System.IO.TextWriter.Write(char[])'
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: 'System.IO.TextWriter.Write(string, params object[])' and 'System.IO.TextWriter.Write(char[])'

Source Error:

Line 152:            Output.Write(zoneWrapper.ToString(TagRenderMode.StartTag));
Line 153:            foreach (var item in ordered_hack(Shape))
Line 154:                Output.Write(Display(item));
Line 155:            Output.Write(zoneWrapper.ToString(TagRenderMode.EndTag));
Line 156:        }

Source File: C:\Development\cpd\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\CoreShapes.cs    Line: 154 

If I then disable Cartography I get the following error:

The method or operation is not implemented.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: IPage.cs    Line: 38 

If I disable both then the home page renders.  So to get Economics working I have to do a reinstall of Orchard. Any ideas?

Jeff

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM

That's really weird - it doesn't look like anything to do with Mechanics, those errors are coming from core Orchard components that I shouldn't have any influence over. But, like I say, Economics is only a partial implementation; I think I just sketched out the Migrations file but didn't even enable it yet because I knew it wouldn't actually be doing anything yet. Can you try just Cartography on its own - that should work, I have it running on several live websites! If not maybe you need to run ClickToBuild.cmd to rebuild Orchard, sometimes it gets out of date dll references and that usually fixes it.

Jun 14, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Yeah Cartography on its own works a treat, I just came across it when I enabled both.  Not to worry :)

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM

That error is very odd! It takes out the whole site while Economics is enabled. Had to rename Module.txt to deactivate it. Will investigate tonight when I get a moment, it's troubling me :)

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Ok that's fixed now in source code; it was a problem in Paperclips and just by coincidence Economics triggered it. Basically the Zones code falls over if there's a null shape in a zone (actually I saw Piotr ran into this problem previously). All it needed was a null check in one of my drivers.